FREE INFORMATION SESSION
Friday January 12th at 12pm
A Six Part Program
Pain really isn’t fun! But often, we can do a lot to get rid of it ourselves. The vast majority of people I’ve worked with have been able to reduce their daily pain level, on a 1 to 10 scale, by at least 2 points, and some as much as a 4-point reduction.
Is this program for you? Ask yourself these two questions to find out:
1. Have you seen a medical professional yet for diagnosis? This is important to rule out or clarify any medically important issues. Pain reduction can work hand in hand with medical treatment, but don’t ignore the fact that pain is always trying to tell you something.
2. Second, can you commit to consistency in doing your homework? Commitment of 10-20 minutes per day, at least six days per week.
Still on board with the concept of reducing your pain? Then let’s begin. Here’s an overview of what we will go through during the program.
Quantify your level of pain: You need a baseline and a way to monitor your progress (or lack thereof) as you move
through the process.
Identify and eliminate the negatives: This may require keeping a pain diary and doing a bit of sleuthing, and relates
to, for example, ergonomics at work or mechanics during leisure activities. Eating patterns can also have a powerful
impact on pain levels due to the level of inflammation that food can produce in the body.
Breathing: The aim is to be able to achieve relaxed diaphragm breathing (lower in the lungs, without the collarbones
rising), at a rate of approximately 6 breaths per minute.
The posture connection: How we carry ourselves is a critical factor in most people’s pain levels. It will probably take
some re-learning, but for most, the investment pays massive dividends.
Myofascial release principles: Here’s that breathing again! We’ll also introduce muscle and joint therapy products,
for example the Maple Organics pharmaceutical ointments, and look at some common myofascial release tools such
as balls and rollers.
Practical applications for common pain sites:
● Low back and hip pain
● Neck and shoulder pain
● Knee pain
The Ground Control system: Developed by Dr. Jeff Almon and based on the principles of dynamic neuromuscular
stability and neuroplasticity, this protocol helps re-program your brain and body by addressing the very foundation of functional movement. It can help you increase recovery speed, reduce movement-based pain, and even improve physical performance.
Time: Fridays 12pm-1pm
Dates: January 19th-February 23rd
Instructor: Meghan O’Connell
- NCCP-registered Level A boxing coach
- 2017 BC Powerlifting Champ Master’s II 57kg; Bench Press, Deadlift, Squat
- 2004 BC Champ and Bronze Medal at National Champs, 54 kg, boxing
- Combined boxing/muay thai record of 11/7
- BCRPA registration in personal training and group fitness
Cost: Early Bird (until Dec 2nd) $90 Regular (Dec 3rd – Dec 31st) $102 Late (Jan 1st onwards) $120REGISTER NOW