Osteopathy is a natural treatment which aims to restore function in the body by treating the causes of pain and imbalance not just the symptoms.
Osteopathy embraces the philosophy that the body has a natural ability to self-regulate and to heal itself.
Osteopaths work to restore your body to a state of balance using touch, stretching, movement and physical manipulation to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to help the body’s own healing mechanisms. They also provide advice on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health, and prevent symptoms recurring.
What are some conditions that are treated with Osteopathy?
- Back and neck pain
- Soft tissue injuries such as sprains, strains, and tendonitis
- Hips, knee, shoulder pain
- Nerve issues such as sciatica, tingling, and numbness
- Discomfort within the reproductive system such as painful menstruation
Hands – on sessions may include the following:
- soft tissue stretching, pressure, and traction technique
- myofascial release
- lymphatic technique
- thrust technique
- muscle energy technique
- counterstrain technique
Other forms of treatment can be in the form of exercise prescription (supervised or unsupervised) and/or other lifestyle related suggestions.Rates/Appointments